Sunday, August 16, 2009

About Me

My name is Christina, and for as long as I can remember, I have been interested in photography.  I even went so far as to create a 'dark room' in my bedroom as a child - unfortunately, my favorite baby blanket didn't survive that experiment...

How did this interest lead to Two Angels Photography? Experiences in my life have taught me how important it is to capture fleeting moments in time - those that make you smile, laugh, or even cry - and hold onto them forever.

When my oldest son was born, I wanted to capture every detail.  His beautiful head of dark hair, his first smiles, his first steps.  After having my second son, something happened...something 'clicked'.  I began making photographs, instead of snapshots.  Friends and family saw my hobby developing into so much more, and encouraged me to offer my services to others.

I'm a natural-light, on-location photographer at heart, though living in Michigan presents a *bit* of a challenge in the winter months, and so I also have a studio in my home.

While I certainly offer my services to people of all ages, my true love lies in photographing children.  Often times you'll find me on the floor playing, or dancing, or singing silly songs...I find there's nothing more rewarding than engaging a child and capturing their true spirit.  The twinkle in their eye - the sparkle in their smile - the spring in their step.

I specialize in babies, children, family, maternity, newborns, pets, couples, engagement, and high school senior portraits in Southeastern Michigan: Metro Detroit, Metro Ann Arbor, Lansing, East Lansing, the Flint area, and Livingston County (Brighton, Howell, Pinckney, Hartland, South Lyon, and Fowlerville).

Where did the name “Two Angels Photography” come from?  It has a special meaning - I'm not only the mother of my 'earth' angels - my boys - I'm also a mother to my twin daughters that live in heaven.